Hard reset 16 GB iPod is a requirement for participation in trade-in program and highly recommended action before sale of used device. We are sure that you do not want the new owner of your iPod will get access to your data.
How hard reset 16 GB iPod from the Settings
Attention! You do not need to use these methods on iOS devices with jailbreak.
- Go to the Settings and General section, in which (at the bottom) is reset menu item, which we need.
- Next, we are interested in the button “Erase All Content and Settings”, clicking on which the system will ask you to confirm your choice. You need to enter the password.
- The system is very persistent, and do not want to delete the settings. You may need one more time to confirm the deletion of all data.
- If you have activated function “Find iPhone” you will need to pass an additional security step and enter Apple ID and password.
Go to the Settings -> iCloud -> and move the switch Find iPhone to off.
- When you press the last button you can put the device on the table – the process of hard reset 16 GB iPod takes a few minutes.
How to hard reset 16 GB iPod using iTunes
The method is recommended to fans of the jailbreak, as it is the only method of hard reset 16 GB iPod.
- Open iTunes on your computer and connect iOS-device.
- Click Summary menu, and then click Restore.
- If you have an active function Find iPhone system will ask you to turn it off. As in the first method, go to the Settings -> iCloud -> and disable Find iPhone.
- Return to Browse menu in iTunes application and then click Restore button.
- Apple iTunes automatically update to the latest version, reset and remove user content. So you do hard reset 16 GB iPod and you can give the device to the new owner.