Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 is a great smartphone with entertainment features. The user interface is similar to the interface Sony Xperia X10 mini, in which the most necessary functions are separated by the four corners of the touch screen that provides convenient control of your phone with one hand and gives you quick access to your favorite applications.
In this article we’ll show you how you can do Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 hard reset.
Note that after factory reset, you lose all SMS, contacts, applications and other data stored on mobile device. Therefore, it is recommended to create a backup before performing hard reset.
Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 hard reset through Settings menu
First, you should try to make hard reset through Settings menu. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the main screen and press menu button.
- Select “Backup and reset” section.
- Press “Reset phone” button.
- Read the warning, and then click “Reset”.
- The final step – to confirm that you agree to delete all data and settings. Click “Clear all”.
After the reset, restart the smartphone, and you will see that Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 is completely “clean”.
Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 hard reset using Recovery mode
If you cannot turn on your phone, for example, it is hung or you forget unlock pattern, then try to do Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 hard reset using recovery mode.
- Remove the battery for a few seconds, and insert it back in.
- Turn on your phone. Wait until Sony Ericsson logo appears. After that press and hold Back button under the screen.
- So, you have entered Recovery mode. There you need to select “Factory reset (full wipe)”. You can navigate through the menu with Volume rocker and choose with Home button under the screen.
- Then you should select “Yes – delete all user data”. It means that you agree to clear internal memory of smartphone.
That’s all! You can use Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 hard reset to remove unlock pattern, password, delete all data from your phone, or fix some software problems.