Do you need to unlock Bootloader Xiaomi to root your Android smartphone or install custom Recovery menu?
In this article, step by step and with pictures we will look at the whole process of how you can do it.
Why do you need to unlock Bootloader Xiaomi?
Unlock Bootloader Xiaomi is necessary if you plan to do the following:
- Root Android smartphone
- Install custom Recovery menu
- Install third-party custom firmware
Instructions to unlock Bootloader Xiaomi
- Update the firmware of your Xiaomi smartphone to the latest version.
- Register Mi account on Xiaomi official website.
- Download and install the program Mi Unlock on your computer.
- Go to http://www.miui.com/unlock/.
- Sign into your Mi account, then you will be on the page to send a request to unlock Bootloader Xiaomi (if not, open this link http://www.miui.com/unlock/apply.php):
- Fill out the personal information: your name, telephone number;
- Write text with the request to unlock Bootloader Xiaomi.
- Check the box «I confirm …» and click «Apply Now».
- Then you will receive a text message to a phone number that you specified in step 6. You need to enter the code in the appropriate field.
- Query processing will last from 2 to 10 days. After some time you receive a new text message.
- Run Mi Flash Unlock Tool and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Sigh in with your Mi account.
- Then turn off your Xiaomi and turn into Fastboot / Bootloader mode. If you do not know how to turn your smartphone into Bootloader mode, then you need to press and hold Volume Down button and Power button.
- Wait until Mi Flash Unlock determine your Xiaomi smartphone and click Unlock.
- Wait for the end of process of unlock Bootloader Xiaomi and restart smartphone. That’s all!