Sooner or later, many users of Android tablet are faced with a situation when the tablet is necessary to clean and restore to factory default settings. There can be many reasons, but the most often it is an unstable working of device or cleaning the data before selling. Sometimes it happens that the tablet does not turn on or freezes during loading. In such situations, you need hard reset dragon touch tablet.
First of all, it is necessary to separate the two concepts: Hard Reset and Soft Reset.
Hard Reset – a hard reset device settings and restore to factory default settings. This procedure is similar to reinstall the operating system. After a hard reset dragon touch tablet, you lose all your data, including installed applications, contacts and media files.
Before hard reset, it is recommended to back up all the necessary data. Media files can be copied to a memory card or computer. If you want to save backups of games and other applications, it is recommended to use special Back-Up utilities.
Soft Reset – it means the simple restart of device, which can be done either by pressing a special combination of tablet buttons or through the menu. Before you hard reset dragon touch tablet, be sure to try the recommended Soft Reset – maybe a small problem will be solved.
How to hard reset dragon touch tablet
Important! Despite the fact that Hard Reset does not delete data from the MicroSD card, but it is recommended to remove memory card from the tablet.
Method №1. If your tablet is turned on, then go to Settings, choose the option “Backup & reset”, and click “Reset tablet”.
Method №2. If your tablet does not turn on, you will need to enter into Recovery mode.
- To boot into Recovery mode, you need to turn off the tablet, then hold down the Volume Down button and simultaneously press Power button.
- Keep both buttons pressed until you will see Android logo.
- After loading the recovery mode you need to select «wipe data / factory reset».
- The touch screen does not work in Recovery mode so you can navigate the menu using the volume control buttons and power button to confirm.
- Then you need to click on “Yes”.
Restart your tablet. That’s all. You have done a hard reset dragon touch tablet.