If you have forgotten passcode from your iPad, then you cannot make a hard reset iPad. First, you need to restore your passcode. We will talk about 3 ways recover passcode and instructions on how to make a hard reset iPad.
Forgotten your password on iPad – the situation is quite standard and common. This can happen with each user of the tablet from Apple. If this happened to you, then do not panic and do not despair, because there are reliable methods for solving this problem.
iPad has a fairly serious level of protection, so this device is used just three different passwords:
- Passcode for Restrictions;
- Passcode lock screen;
- Passcode for Apple ID account.
Each of these passwords can be lost or forgotten, and to restore each of them need to apply different ways.
Restrictions is one of iPad software security features which allows the user to limit iPad functionality. It should be noted that the password retrieval process of this feature does not exist. Therefore, the loss of the password makes it necessary to change it. So, if you forgot your passcode for restrictions, then you must act as follows:
- “The iCloud” – disables “Find iPad» in the “Settings” menu. Thus it is necessary to enter the passcode for Apple ID.
- Create a backup copy. To do this, you need to connect iPad to the computer and use the corresponding function of iTunes.
- Modify backup. To perform this operation, you will need to download the program iBackupBot. It is necessary to modify com.apple.springboard.plist file in a previously created backup. Run the program, wait until it finds by backups, and then go on the road: Required (last) copy – System Files – HomeDomain – Library – Preferences. Finding indicated above file, open it and enter the tags <dict> and </ dict> two lines of <key> SBParentalControlsPIN </ key> and <string> 1234 </ string>. 1234 – this is the future passcode for restrictions. Save and close the file.
- Restore iPad from just modified copies. After completing the recovery restore go to “Settings” – “General” – “Restrictions” and enter passcode 1234.
If you forgot the passcode for lock screen
If you accidentally forgot your passcode for lock screen, you can use this method to restore it.
- Turn off iPad, connect it to your computer and enter it into recovery mode.
- In the resulting menu, we click iTunes “Restore iPad”, and then – “Restore and Update”.
- Wait for the program to install and update the new firmware. After that, you must turn on the tablet and create a new passcode.
In order to unlock access to Apple ID, there are three methods:
- via e-mail;
- using the test questions;
- two-step verification.
To recover via mail, you must go to iforgot.apple.com site, keep your Apple ID and click “Next”, then select “Authentication e-mail» and again “Next”. After that, you will receive a letter on your e-mail account with the necessary instructions for further action.
To unlock Apple ID with the help of answers to test questions on the site indicated above to select the menu item “Security Answer”. The system prompts you to answer the questions previously selected, and then enter the new passcode.
Also unlock access to Apple ID, you can use two-step verification system. For this purpose, iforgot.apple.com page, enter Apple ID and the recovery key (it is issued during the first two-step verification settings). After that, the tablet will receive a special verification code that you must enter in a special field and click “Continue”. It remains only to enter a new passcode.
Remember! If the recovery key is also lost, making password recovery will not be possible even if you’re holding the iPad has verified.
Before we talk about how to do a hard reset iPad, it is important to note that it is impossible to perform this procedure without knowing the passcode.
Hard reset iPad can be found in the menu “Settings – General – Reset”. Here we see:
The “Erase all content and settings” assumes complete cleaning of the system parameters. Thus, all settings will be lost. However, the application installed in the memory of the gadget will not hurt.
Important! Do not forget to back up data and settings before hard reset iPad. This procedure does not take much time, but always helps to recover deleted data if the need arises.