Most often ZTE Skate smartphone has problems due software. The reasons for this may be different: accidental deletion of system files, virus infection or other critical errors.
If you do not want to reflash smartphone, you can do a ZTE Skate hard reset or reset to factory settings.
ZTE Skate hard reset: Android System Recovery
Any ZTE smartphone runs on Android operating system so you can do a ZTE Skate hard reset using a universal way. For this phone battery must be charged at least 30%. After that, follow these steps:
- Turn off your device.
- Hold the following key combination simultaneously: Power + volume up.
- Then you will see Android icon, the list of available commands and firmware version of your smartphone.
- Go down the list and select “wipe data / factory reset”.
- Confirm your choice with Power button. Wait until the process hard reset will be completed;
- Then Select the first line of the list «reboot system now».
The phone will reboot, and all settings will be reset to the factory.
ZTE Skate hard reset: Service code
If the previous method did not work, you can use a special service code. Use the following method to ZTE Skate hard reset.
- Remove the SIM card from smartphone.
- Then start the dialer and press the “emergency call”.
- Enter the following command: *983*987#;
- Then smartphone will prompt you for permission to complete the deletion of data (erase everything);
- Confirm and wait for ZTE Skate hard reset will be completed.
ZTE Skate hard reset: Standard System Restore
This method is suitable only if your smartphone works.
- Go to Settings of Android menu.
- Scroll through the list and find the line “Backup and reset”
- Here you can make a data backup.
- After that you need to press Phone reset.
As you can see, ZTE Skate hard reset is quite simply procedure. Also you can use these methods for any ZTE phones.