Gaming consoles differ from computers, first of all, with its simplicity. However, given the interaction of hardware and software components, there is still possible some bugs. If your gaming console hangs up when you start the game, slows down projects that previously worked without problems, information is no longer read from external storage, or other problems, you need to perform hard reset Xbox One.
Reboot Xbox One
The most common and most effective way to fix errors on Xbox One is to reboot the console. You can do it in three ways:
- Press the button on gaming console to turn it off;
- Hold Xbox button on the gamepad for a couple of seconds, and then select the option to turn off the console;
- Turn off using voice command, if you have Kinect.
When Xbox One is completely turned off, wait 5-10 seconds and turn it on.
Hard reset Xbox One console with Clearing cache
The second option is called hard reset Xbox One. This method does not delete games and applications from gaming console, but cache memory is cleared. It often helps to solve various problems, for example, if the game or video is slow. Hard reset Xbox One with clearing cache is quite simple:
- Press the power button on the front panel of gaming console for 10 seconds;
- When Xbox One is turned off, wait about a minute and turn it on again.
Note: The indicator that hard reset was made is the animation of loading Xbox on a green background when the console starts.
Hard reset Xbox One with Air Gapping
If just clearing cache did not help to fix the problem, you can use special option hard reset Xbox One with Air Gapping. Recall that Air Gapping is a temporary disconnection gaming console from the network, which can be useful in some situations.
- Press Power button on the front panel for 10 seconds;
- When gaming console is turned off, unplug it from the outlet;
- Wait for 2-3 minutes;
- Plug the power cable back into the mains;
- Turn on Xbox One.
Quite often it helps with network problems, for example, spontaneously Wi-Fi disconnection.
Hard reset Xbox One with restoring to factory settings
This method removes all content from Xbox one and restores it to the factory settings. Usually you need to perform hard reset, if bought Xbox One “by hand” and the former owner did not make the reset.
- Go to the settings;
- Select “All settings” – “System” – “Updates and information“;
- Click on “Reset” option;
- Then select “Reset and delete all” and confirm your actions, noting that you agree with the complete removal of all data from the console, including games.
Offline hard reset Xbox One after an unsuccessful update
If during update your Xbox One turns off, it is possible that it will not turn on again. There are other situations when you need to hard reset Xbox one from offline mode. Search on YouTube how to do it.
Also you can use manuals from Microsoft, selecting your version of the error. It helps you to perform hard reset Xbox One and solve your problem with gaming console.